The Gathering Place
The city of Tulsa’s newest city park, Gathering Place, opened on September 8th and has been a hit with Tulsans ever since it first opened. The new park is located in the heart of downtown Tulsa and features acres of green space that include a signature hilltop amphitheater for performances, an interactive water feature that includes a splash pad area for children to play around in during hot summer days, as well as plenty of spaces to relax and enjoy time with one another.
The park’s biggest draw is the Tom Mathers Trail that features a mile-long walking path with benches for resting along the way.
Gathering Place has already become an iconic part of the city of Tulsa, and it continues to grow as more additions are added each year. There are plans for many different types of art installations to be added throughout the park’s green spaces, as well as places for people to enjoy time together. Gathering Place truly is a wonderful addition to Tulsa and one that Tulsans will cherish forever!
What to see in The Gathering Place in Tulsa?
The Gathering Place is one of the best places to visit in Tulsa, OK especially for those who love spending time enjoying nature. The park has an area that offers picturesque views and at the same time, you can enjoy your loved ones or friends while hanging out together on a sunny day.
This place also offers amenities such as benches where you can sit with your friends while enjoying a view of the Arkansas River. The Gathering Place has an area where you can lounge and watch your kids play in the fountain or enjoy the beautiful views by taking pictures that will surely last for years to come.
What to bring if you’re visiting the park?
- A camera! You’ll want to take photos of the park’s amenities, architecture, and natural beauty.
- Sunscreen! The Gathering Place is an open-air patio so you won’t have any shade while strolling along. Make sure to wear sunscreen if it is a sunny day out.
- Comfortable shoes! You’ll be doing a lot of walking so make sure you have comfortable and supportive footwear.
- Bottled water! Sometimes it can get very hot in Oklahoma. You’ll want to stay hydrated while walking around the Gathering Place so make sure you bring your bottle of water with you.
- A picnic blanket! You’ll want to have a place to sit down while you eat your snacks and meals from the park’s various food vendors.
- Cash! Some of the vendors at The Gathering Place only accept cash so make sure that you bring some along with you in case they don’t accept cards or mobile payments.
- An umbrella! For some days, particularly during the summer months, it can get very hot in Oklahoma. Make sure that you bring an umbrella with you on your trip to the Gathering Place for shade while strolling around or relaxing under if it starts to rain.