15 Ways to Keep Your Concrete Driveway Tulsa from Cracking
A concrete driveway is a beautiful addition to any home. Concrete driveways are durable, low-maintenance, and beautiful. However, over time they will start to crack if not properly cared for. If you want your concrete driveway to stay looking great for years to come, you must take the proper steps to manage and maintain your concrete driveway.
We have compiled 15 ways that will help keep your concrete Tulsa driveway from cracking!
What is a concrete driveway?
Concrete driveways are a versatile, cost-effective way to enhance the exterior and add curb appeal to your home. Concrete drives last longer than asphalt and can be resurfaced or fixed if it becomes damaged. A concrete driveway is often chosen for its high durability and low price compared to other materials such as brick pavers.
- Concrete paving blocks are very durable and long-lasting
- Driveways are low maintenance once installed. You will need to reseal the concrete every few years, but other than that; it is easy to care for. No more scraping ice or shoveling snow!
- Resurfacing a cracked driveway can be done quickly with little disruption to your daily routine.
- Driveways are a great alternative to asphalt or brick pavers. They can also be used as parking lots, sidewalks, and patios.
- Concrete is easy to repair if it becomes damaged from heavy debris such as tree branches or hail from severe storms.
Why it’s essential to maintain the existing driveway?
Driveways are durable structures if they are built correctly. And just like everything else, if not properly inspected and maintained, they can start to fall apart or crack. These cracks in the concrete driveway are considered a problem because they will lead to more problems down the road, including safety issues and damage from water runoff.
Regular inspection is a must, mainly if the driveway is used often. Cracks are usually the first sign of something wrong with your concrete flooring, so it pays to be proactive before things worsen.
Driveways can last a long time if they’re properly maintained and inspected for signs of wear and tear regularly. However, there may come the point where you have to replace the driveway completely. When this happens, it is usually because it isn’t much you can do to repair it anymore or even if cracks are beginning to become dangerous.
Regular concrete surface inspection not only prevents these things from happening, but it can also help you plan your repair or replacement before hiring concrete services.
Proven tips to keep your driveway from cracking or crumbling
Below are some of the best maintenance tips in caring for your Tulsa driveway. Remember, concrete is tough, but it is still vulnerable to wear and tear.
1. If you live in a cold climate, it’s essential to seal your driveway before the winter arrives. This will help prevent cracking.
2. When sealing your concrete, be sure to use a quality product that will protect the surface from water and other elements.
3. Be sure not to pour hot liquids on your concrete installation – it can cause cracking or even damage the concrete work permanently.
4. For your driveway to maintain its integrity, you’ll need to take care of any cracks as soon as they appear by filling them with an epoxy filler.
5. Make sure that there is no debris around the edges of your driveway where it meets up with the sidewalk or street – this could lead to more cracks forming over time.
6. Be careful when storing items near the edge of your driveway – make sure nothing gets too close and puts pressure on those joints.
7. Clean your driveway regularly with a pressure washer, and always wear protective gear when using a pressure washer because debris will indeed fly off. Always start at the top of your drive and work your way down, moving in one direction to avoid streaking.
8. Seal the cracks in your concrete to prevent water from seeping through and causing further damage. Water collected in gaps can freeze and lead to cracks or breaks in the concrete.
9. Add an anti-skid surface to keep people safe and secure on slippery surfaces. Epoxy coatings are the best option for this.
10. Repair any damaged areas of your driveway before it becomes worse. Preventive maintenance is always the best option.
11. Replace any missing slabs that are cracked or broken. If not replaced, cracks will appear and make the concrete slab lose and result in crumbling.
12. Apply a layer of sealant on top of all repaired spots for protection against future damage. If it’s just hairline cracks, sealants are the best option.
13. Keep weeds from growing by spraying weed killer on them. Although weeds are not as robust as tree roots, they will still contribute to cracks.
14. Watch out for tree roots that may be pushing up against your driveways, which can cause them to crack over time.
15. Fix any drainage problems to prevent water from building up in areas where it shouldn’t be, such as pooling near your driveway.
Using concrete contractors is an effective way to keep your concrete driveways in good condition. If you are looking for concrete services that can help with this, contact us today! We have the experience, expertise, and quality services needed to make sure your concrete project goes off without a hitch. Don’t wait any longer – give our team of top-notch contractors a call or email now for a free estimate!
Connect With Us